Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday Party T-Shirts

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been having a lot of fun lately and not blogging about the design things I've accomplished.
One big fun thing that kept me away from projects was my son, Rock's first birthday. My husband came with the Rock('s) On(e)! theme for his party and I spent too much time bringing it to fruition.
I thought that t-shirt would be a fun thing for the birthday boy, his father and I to wear on his big day. The first step was buying the iron on transfer paper. Then we designed the t-shirt 'logo.' My dear husband figured out how to get the image to print in reverse (I was totally baffled trying to figure this out!) and then we printed them off on the iron-on transfer paper.
Here's the back of Rock's shirt before I ironed it on. After the paper cools, you simply remove the backing from the iron-on section and your design is permanently on your shirt!
We tried to get a shot of the three of us and the matching backs of our shirts, but it didn't turn out so well.
Here's my favorite one year old boy showing off his age and the iron-on number one that I used to further the party spirit on the front of his shirt.

1 comment:

The Cunninghams said...

I enjoyed this blogspot! I miss coming downstairs to find you burried in mid-project or sewing with you. I love your 1st birthday theme!