Tuesday, October 21, 2008


I found my camera, so now I can finally post these pictures of the completed tray for my bedroom. Unfortunately, the camera was missing during the crafting of this tray so I can't show you step-by-step pictures. I'll just have to describe how I did it!
To make this tray, first I painted the tray. This took two coats of primer and three coats of paint. Then, I traced my sketch from the curtain project I did last month onto a sheet of blank computer paper. Then I cut out the design and (using double-sided tape) laid it out on my tray.
Then I sprayed the tray all over with three coats of polyurethane.
After letting it dry for about 24 hours, I peeled off the paper design and -- VOILA! A beautiful tray with a subtle design. It is actually much more subtle than it appears in these pictures. I had to use the flash to get it to show up at all. And so, many months after starting, this project is now COMPLETE! YAY!

p.s. For those of you who are wondering, the bright shiny object on the tray is my phone base. I'm using this tray to hold a few red candles, the bedroom phone, and a notepad and pen for taking messages/jotting down genius ideas that come to me in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Carrie, Stephen, Molly and Oliver said...

I'm so glad you didn't tell me about this in person. Very cool- bravo!