Wednesday, February 3, 2010

12FOR2010: February's Goal

Proverbs 31: 27 She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
12FOR2010 February's Goal is all about cleaning, organization, and looking well to the ways of my household. As I've said before, we'll be adding a baby girl to our family in March. So I planned for February to be a month of creating some sort of order before the chaos begins.
First off, cleaning. I've always viewed cleaning as a awful, nasty, no-good chore. But lately I've been disgusted by my laziness and searching for a way to stay on top of this responsibility (and we won't talk about how I've been known to say "Responsibility is a four letter word"). So, the first step I'd like to take on is making a cleaning schedule/chart of sorts, posting it somewhere and sticking to it.
I'd also like to examine some natural methods of cleaning -- or at least some less-toxic options than what I currently use. I'm not super paranoid about these things, but maybe I should be?
As for organizing, I have already started to transform 'Rock's room' to make it 'The Kids room.' In particular, I've been working on reworking the closet to really utilize the space.
Speaking of closets, my closet could use some organization as could our bathroom cabinets, the pantry and fridge (left over from last month), the area right inside our front door where everything gathers, and all the other places where clutter clutters our lives.
I'm still not feeling 100%, but I continue to hope that this month is better than last. And I hope to post on my progress in some of these areas so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Great goal, one that I really need too. BUT I must tell you: don't feel guilty if you do not get this stuff done!!! Personally, I think you deserve to do nothing but sit and stare this final month of your pregnancy (which isn't laziness!). :)

I just had to spend an hour on the phone getting a pep talk from my cousin that I am not lazy, not wasting time by spending 98% of my time caring for two little ones in a dirty house, and taking a nap during my free time (and my baby is 7 mos, so if anyone should be getting themselves together by now, it should be me).

Anyway. Of course I'm giving you advice I don't easily follow. But I just don't want you to be hard on yourself if you don't make much quantifiable progress on your resolutions during this season of life.