Thursday, February 5, 2009

NYR #5, Throw Pillows

So, the pillows on our dining/family room futon have been looking a little tired.
We've had them for about 6 years now and although I love them I was ready for a change.
So I picked up some fabric at Joann's (I should buy stock in that company!) and made some new throw pillow covers.
Here's a close-up of the new black and white fabric. I am quite fond of it.
I put three buttons on the backs of the pillows to keep the pillow form from falling out (a problem with the old set).
The only problem is that now this side of the room looks a little devoid of color. Perhaps I need to make a slipcover for the futon to solve this problem?! Sigh. That's a project for another day. In the meantime, could someone come and pick up these books for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel - I started stopping by a few months ago through Annie's blog. I am so impressed and inspired by you! I would never in a million years be able to design and sew a slip cover for a sofa!!!! Because of you, I decided to stop putting off painting our stairwell. I cut in all the edges during preschool/naptime. Hopefully I'll roll a first coat tonight!

I love the buttons on those pillows!

Keep it up!! WOW!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

what about one orange pillow?

Kim

Elizabeth said...

I like the new covers. If I come pick up the books can I take them home?