Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Father's Day Gift

My husband feels very strongly about Q-tips. They have to have cotton on both ends, they cannot have plastic sticks and yet the stick must be strong enough to not bend while cleaning ones ears.
I have been schooled on which brands meet his standards yet, when I purchased some Q-tips last Spring from an approved brand, they had clearly cheapened their product as they bent when you used them. Fix sighed and said:
This made me laugh enough to ask Adrienne at Dingbat Press to design a custom piece of artwork to immortalize his quirkiness. And didn't she do a great job? I love the line of Q-tips at the bottom. It was Fix's Father's Day present.
Yes, I'm talking about the Father's Day that happens in June. And I just now got around to framing this art and hanging in the bathroom. Which is where we use Q-tips.
p.s. Yes, that is a skeleton made from Q-tips, and no, I didn't make it.
p.p.s. Just in case you are curious, our favorite Q-tips
are Target brand. They meet all of the aforementioned criteria.
p.p.p.s.
The 'wedding picture' is from our fake wedding. A friend was trying to break into the wedding photography business so she took Fix and I out for a fake wedding about 6 months after we got married. We took a bunch of pictures all around DC. My dress is my wedding dress but just about everything else is NOT what we looked like on wedding day.

No comments: